Mission and Goals
In order to help fulfill the library mission and role, the circulation department supports and maintains the collections and serves the students, faculty, staff and community. The primary goal of the circulation department is to offer professional quality and personalized service to its users while maintaining an orderly and well-kept collection.
Circulation department activities include:
- circulating library materials
- creating patron accounts
- providing interlibrary loan pickup
- collection maintenance
- troubleshooting library equipment malfunctions
- processing and collecting library fines
- facilitating the check-out/check-in of student laptops.
As an extension of the classroom, the circulation department maintains the print and electronic reserves system. The library reserve system provides students access to supplemental materials that will enhance their studies outside the classroom.
- To maintain an orderly library collection in accordance with the Library of Congress Classification System
- Circulate library materials in accordance with circulation procedures
- Check in/out student laptops in accordance with circulation procedures
- Maintain library reserve system in compliance with US Copyright Law