Our Hiring Process
The library hires student workers for the circulation and technical services departments. You may complete applications for one or both departments.
The application process has several steps:
1. Fill out and submit an application for the department you'd like to work for. You may do this online, or in person at the circulation desk.
2. If your schedule of availability meets our needs, you will be asked to come to the library to complete a test. Tests must be done in person at the library.
3. Those who score high enough on the test will be asked to schedule an interview.
4. After the interview, we will let you know when you can expect to be contacted with our hiring decision.
Circulation Student Employee
Job hours vary depending on class schedule/work study hours. Must be able to work at least 8 hours/week and a maximum of 15 hours. Must be able to work some weekend shifts (Fall and Spring semesters).
Hourly pay rate is $7.45 to start. After successful probation period, pay rate is increased to $7.60/hour.
Job description: Provide direct customer service from the library's main desk area. At least fifty percent of the job is to understand the needs of and communicating at length with the students, faculty and staff of LCSC, as well as community patrons.
Desired skills/experience: Strong interpersonal skills, computer and telephone experience, ability to file by number and alphabetically, ability to work well with the public. Must be prompt, responsible, and reliable and have strong communication skills.
Duties: Include checking in/out library materials, using cash register, shelving library materials, answering telephone and referring calls. Troubleshooting library technology equipment. Substitute for other student workers, as needed. Other duties as assigned.
ALL POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED
Technical Services Student Employee
- Hourly pay rate is $7.25 (Federal Minimum Wage)
- Pay increases to $7.40 after probation period
- Must be able to work 8 to 10 hours per week
- No evening or weekend work
Job Description: A Technical Services Student Employee does not deal directly with library patrons. The entire job is behind the scenes, making various items such as books, DVDs, etc. shelf-ready.
Skills: Requires good keyboard ability, computer experience, alphabetical and numberical skills. Must have the ability to work independently and with other staff, follow written and oral instructions, and lift some heavy loads of 20 to 50 pounds. Must be reliable, prompt, responsible, and have strong communication skills.
Duties: Include processing/labeling new books, serials, gifts, Federal and Idaho Government Documents, CDs, DVDs and other items. Mending damaged books. Working independently anin the electronic catalog, using a copy machine, and other duties as assigned.